Monday, January 4, 2010

It Was Pretty


My first finish of 2010. This poor quilt, I think I started it in 99, it was one of the first to be quilted on my quilting machine. I didn't like the way it turned out so it got tossed in a closet for a long time. I would take it out from time to time and pull out stitches. It made the move to NC from Indiana and then last Christmas it went back to In for something for me to work on for the long drive home. Finally got quilted last fall and I just finished binding it last night. It was a pretty red, green and white. Then I washed it... it is now red, green and pink. Guess this quilt was just not meant to be.

2 comments:

Mimi said...

Oh no! Wash it again a few times with Synthrapol. I have found that to work well for getting out red that has bled. It's very pretty otherwise. Feels good to get something done.

Ruthie said...

It's still very pretty and do what Fays said. I'll bet it comes out.