Friday, February 12, 2010

More UFO's Completed

The swap quilt in civil war fabrics made in Marlene's memory is all together. I love this block. Bonnie Hunter's Orange Crush. I packed this one to CA 2 years in a row to work on while at retreat, glad to get it done. I like how it turned out. Nice and bright. All the fabrics came from my scraps and stash. I am going to have to make more scrap quilts because the scraps are taking up too much space.
And finally Thimbleberries Hometown Christmas. I can hardly believe it is finally put together. I think I started it in 2004. It will be fun to quilt but it is rather big and will take me forever.

The next project is Paddle wheels and Pinwheels, another Thimbleberry pattern but I am doing it in Sentimental Journey fabric.
Progress on the piecing feels good but I sure am getting behind on the quilting!
Carol


2 comments:

Mimi said...

When scraps and stash can make such beautiful quilts, it is well worth it. You are on such a roll. I am sure it feels great. Keep up the good work!

Vicky said...

Love your finishes. I can't believe you finished Hometown! I just pulled the tub out last night. I was going to forego the pieced border for a plain one, but yours looks awesome. Might have to rethink my plans. Good going!