Thursday, September 2, 2010

Earl

Depending on which weather channel you listen to, some form of Earl will be arriving tonight. The latest I have heard is that the area I live in will experience more of a tropical storm, good news us. Emerald Isle, about a 20 minute drive from here, was evacuated early this morning. It is a very narrow strip of land with the sound on one side and ocean on the other. I'm usually wishing I could live out there but times like these I am glad I am a little inland.

The sky is dark and the wind is picking up. I have most of the outdoor furniture and hanging plants and the grill tucked away. Now just to wait. I think it will be a long night!

Carol

1 comment:

Mimi said...

I am glad you posted since I was thinking about you when I heard where Earl was going to hit. Be safe.