Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Eventide Progress

I have been having fun making the little Ohio Star blocks for Eventide. Most of them have blue points but I have tossed in a few gold and red. My version is not that beautiful flowing of colors but more bold and red! I knew that by using the left over fabric from the PD quilt I would have more of a bold red, white and blue look. I have so few quilts in this colorway so this is a welcome addition. I would still like to make this quilt in some soft florals.
My pictures are from my cell phone again so not the best but faster!
Carol

4 comments:

Sharrieboberry said...

Very nice! I think the big red stars are bold but they do not overpower the design. Looks good!

Carrie said...

It's beautiful! But then I am going to love any quilt with big red stars. Good job!

I also love the other quilts you've shown on your blog.

Quilter Kathy said...

I really like your version of this quilt...beautiful!

Julie S said...

I love your choice of fabrics! Can't wait to see it finished!