Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Still Here





Still here and still plugging away on quilts. The large and extremely busy quilt is Orca Blue, Bonnie Hunter's mystery for 2011. I started it after returning from the mountains in Nov. and just finished on Tuesday. I am very glad to have it finished and if anyone sees a mistake I don't want to know about it. It's too late to fix now and I would rather be oblivious.
The smaller quilt is paddlewheels and pinwheels from a Thimbleberries book. I think the fabric is sentimental journey. It has been hanging around a long time and is finally finished.
The first picture is of my sad willow tree in the back yard. The hurricane blew it all to one side but at least it is still standing. It is beginning to bud. We have had a very mild winter, even so I am ready for Spring.
Next up is quilting a Christmas quilt that has been waiting forever. Hopefully this weekend. I am also Swooning with several others. Great quilt. Using Ruby, love those colors!
Carol

1 comment:

Mimi said...

Orca blue! My mouth is just hanging open. That is one heck of a quilt. You did good. Gosh, I wish it were Spring here ,too.