Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Mother's Day


I decided to change the routine a little. I walk a lot, either with Kendall or taking Lucky to the beach. I dug out the old bicycle and thought I would fix it up to ride. Emerald Isle has a nice bike path plus a nice ride along the ocean. It didn't take long to decide that a new bike was in order. Yesterday I bought myself a shiny new bike. Never thought I would be buying another bike at this stage of my life. My one slight obstacle is the fact that I drive a VW bug. It is not an easy task to stuff that bike in the back of the bug. I bought a bike rack but it isn't working out too well on that slanted trunk. Guess I will have to do some more researching to find the ideal carrier.


I got up early this morning to ride before the rain came in. Well, it took me a little over an hour to find the car key. I had left it in the garage last night while installing the carrier. I was determined to ride so I went anyway. Got a bit of a ride in before I saw the lightening and decided to head back to the car. So even though I did get pretty wet it was fun.


Carol

3 comments:

Amanda said...

Oh well done you! My husband bought me a new bike for my birthday last year, but I really haven't ridden it much yet. It's too difficult for me to get it into the car by myself, and there aren't many places near home to ride. I know, excuses, excuses. I shall just have to make more of an effort this summer.

Anonymous said...

Hi Carol

Thanks for visiting my blog and I have enjoed reading yours,I love the yo yo doll, maybe my grand daughter would like one too.
Have fun riding your bike.

Chirstine

Julie said...

Good for you! I started riding my bike a while back (we have some really nice riding trails here in my town - converted from old railroad tracks) but I ran over some glass and have a flat tire. That was the end of that! LOL