Saturday, June 7, 2008

A relaxing morning at the beach


My ugly quilt was perfect to take to the beach. It's about the size of a beach towel and folded up nicely to put in my backpack. I rode for about 5 1/2 miles and then went down to the beach and sat to read for about an hour before heading back. It's getting very hot here so the ocean breeze felt really great. The beach had a few more people out than last week as the visitor season has begun. I have really been enjoying my bike. It was quite a work out getting back to the car yesterday. Riding against that lovely ocean breeze is like riding uphill.
My brother and his family will arrive at the beach today for a week. Always such a fun time when they are here. I am making good old southern BBQ and coleslaw and Sherry will provide the dessert for tonight. I will also have a nice big pitcher of margaritas ready when they arrive.

I forgot to say that the quilts in the last post are customer quilts. I didn't make them although I would be proud to call them mine.
Carol

No comments: