Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Making a plan

I think I have figured out I am going to finally begin helping with the Heartstring blocks and get my other goals accomplished as well. I am going to try and do the Heartstrings blocks as leaders and enders. I recently viewed the quilts that Bonnie Hunter has made using this method. It's amazing. So - this weekend I am going to cut my foundations and get some strings cut. Hopefully this will be a productive plan.

It's a rainy, rainy day here in Hubert. My Wed. morning bike ride had to be cancelled. I was so looking forward to it. I did put the time to good use, quilted a couple of hours on a customer quilt and got 20 minutes in on the elliptical trainer. Now to get ready to head over to Kendall's to babysit. I should be able to get a few stitches done on my applique while she naps.

Carol

2 comments:

Mary Johnson said...

I'll be curious how the string blocks work as leaders/enders. I tend to make mine in groups of about 6-10. I find I do better to focus on piecing a single quilt at a time (well maybe two)

Helen in the UK said...

Just checking out the HeartStrings blogring for the first time!!
Good luck with your new plan to do the HS blocks as leaders/enders. I find I have to work on one block at a time, can't even chain piece several as some other members do!!