Sunday, February 22, 2009

2009

So far not a good year. The loss of yet another quilting friend heightens the reality of how swiftly we can leave this earth. I have to believe that these two women are in a better place but even that thought doesn't erase the sadness.

I have finished my swap blocks for Marlene's memory quilt. It will be a beautiful quilt, I am anxious to get it put together. Memories of retreats together, sewing late into the night ,were with me last night as I finished up the blocks. I will now be working on putting together some Heartstring blocks made by Mar's friends to be donated in her memory. I am also going to start a few blocks for Mary Ann to be assembled by some of her friends in quilts to raise money for breast cancer research in her honor. These projects are helping me in a way to ease the loss. I love quilting and I love the friends that I have made over the years. It sure is hard to lose them.

On a happier note - I spent the day with Kendall and Sherry. We went out to lunch, shopping and stopped by Sherry's office. Sherry moved some things around in the office while I chased Kendall, trying to keep her out of things. I did teach her how to turn on the water fountain, she had fun playing in the water. A Grandma's gotta do what a Grandma's gotta do!! I have been quilting since getting home. Two more rows on this customer's quilt and it's done. I think I will finish it in the morning!

Carol

No comments: