Friday, July 2, 2010

Summer Breeze







Summer Breeze from Scrap Basket Surprises by Kim Brackett is the quilt I chose to make for my Sister-in-Law, Wendy. Wendy was recently diagnosed with breast cancer and will have her second chemo treatment next week. I hope to be able to find backing and get it quilted over the weekend and off in the mail Tuesday. That may be a lot to hope for but I am going to try. Seems like I always forget to buy the backing. I wanted to use the same fabric collection, Fresh Cotton, but I don't want to have to wait on an order. I need to get in the habit of getting everything I need at one time.






Also a picture of my nine patch mess. This quilt is taking forever to put together. I need to get back to it, I'm tired of looking at it!






Carol

3 comments:

Ruthie said...

I love the Summer Breeze!

Mimi said...

I love your pinwheel quilt. You SIL is going to love it, too.

Kim Brackett said...

Your Summer Breeze quilt is lovely! I love that fabric line. The nine-patch is also wonderful.

I hope everything goes well with your sister-in-law's treatment.