Sunday, May 31, 2009

Busy Weekend

Another weekend has flown by. I finally got my porch flower boxes planted but have a lot of attending to the landscaping to be done yet. I have never been this late planting and getting things shaped up in the yard before. I guess there has just been too much going on.



My daughter's dog Derby seems to be failing. He has been on medication to give him a little more time before the cancer takes him from us. He doesn't act sick, he still plays and does everything he always did except eat. His medication did help him to eat but he is beginning to slack off again. Such a hard time. This isn't the best picture of him, he is such a cutie. He knows what days I come to take care of Kendall and sits on the couch and watches out the window for me.


I did manage to get a customer quilt loaded and the quilting started. Also, a few DWR blocks made and another row of the CW swap quilt together. No sewing tonight. After cleaning, shopping, quilting and planting I'm ready for a good hot shower and off to bed for a little reading.

Carol

1 comment:

Mimi said...

Poor Derby. That's always tough to go through with the pets you love.