Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Welcome Natalie Jane

My son Neal and his wife Monika and little Dylan welcomed Natalie Jane into the family yesterday evening. Natalie is a month early!! Now I will have to hustle to get her quilt done. I am making a Baby Nines but don't even have it started yet.

I am waiting on pictures. They live in the Bay area so not sure when I will get to visit, thinking July, but just thinking as of now.

My computer is down so I can't post any pics of my latest projects. I finished the multi color socks and started another pair of toe up socks. I want to explore other techniques but wanted to get this one down before moving on. My next pair is in shades of blue and green. Really enjoying knitting again and getting together with other knitters on Friday evenings.

Today, before coming over to Kendall's to babysit, I worked on putting together my kitchen island. JCP had a 50% off sale plus free shipping. I had been thinking of getting an island for awhile so I ordered it. I'm glad I didn't have to pay postage since the box weighed 119#. That was a trick getting it in the door but after a little struggling I managed to get it inside. It hasn't been too hard to put together - hope to finish it tonight. Then I have to figure out where to move the computer desk that is in kitchen where I want to put the island.

On the sewing front I have gotten about 3 rows of the Civil War quilt put together. Need to order border fabrics yet. The t-shirt quilt is coming along. Ordered a bolt of backing and fill in fabric on Monday. I will be glad when that job is finished. Not much time to sew with the yard work. Sometimes I think I see a townhouse or condo in my future and other times I think I would miss the yard work.

Hope to get my computer fixed soon and get some pics posted.

Carol

1 comment:

Ruthie said...

Congratulations on your new granddaughter!