Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Taking Control of Clutter

I spent last evening and this morning trying to organize my quilting. It seems to be taking over my house. I usually have someone stay at the house to care for my dogs when I go away. This always entails taking all the quilting stuff off the guest bed, moving it into the quiting room. When I return I have to move everything out of the quilting room to work. Enough. I am going to get this mess put away. I started with scraps. They seem to multiply. I have them in baskets, sacks and boxes. This morning I bought 2 big tubs and have one full, waiting by the cutting table. I still have some more to round up. The plan is to cut a little every day and get them organized. I will follow Bonnie Hunter's plan. I need to get some bins yet. Of course that means I will have to find a place to put the bins, which leads to cleaning out the closet and cabinets in the sewing room. It's just like a snowball, the job keeps getting bigger. That's what I will be doing this week and trying to squeeze in a few stitches on the never ending double wedding ring and loading and quilting a customer quilt.

1 comment:

Ruthie said...

It is a never-ending job, that's for sure. I can remember buying a couple of shoebox bins for my scraps, then some more so that I could separate by color, and then some more to divide the blues into light and dark, and the red family into red, burgandy, pinks. They are all FULL and now I'm trying to cut up leftovers to add to my scrap therapy bins. Good Luck!