Sunday, May 24, 2009

Finally, computer is fixed

My computer is finally fixed. How I missed it!!! I need to get some of my pics transferred to CD to clean up some space yet.

We attended Brandon's graduation ceremony in Quantico, VA this past week. He is finished with his officer training but will now have to go to Maryland for 4 more weeks of training. He leaves on Tuesday.
After the ceremony we headed into DC for the afternoon. It has been many years since I last visited here when the kids were little. It was nice to go back. This is a picture of the unknown soldier's memorial. We saw the changing of the guard and a presentation of a wreath from a local school.

These are the graves of JFK and Jackie and two of their children.


Of course we had to walk by the White House.



And the Washington monument. We also visited the Lincoln monument and the VN memorial. By the time we got to the VN memorial it was getting dark, so no pics. The memorial was very crowded, lots of people looking for the names on the wall.

It was a beautiful day, very warm with a nice breeze. I don't think I have walked that much in one day in a very long time. I walked for another hour yesterday getting the back yard mowed so today I am going to sew. Hopefully get some of the DWR blocks together!! Tomorrow morning I may get the front yard done and some schrubs trimmed. I haven't even started planting flowers yet!!
Carol


1 comment:

Julie said...

Looks like a nice trip! Glad your computer is fixed.