Saturday, March 28, 2009

Knit Night

Whew, I'm recovering from knit night. Who knew knitting could be so social. The little shop was packed last night with ladies. The wine was flowing as well as the conversation. What fun. The evening was pleasant and warm. The door to the knit shop was open and we could hear music from the Irish Pub a few doors down. There was also smoke from the cigar shop drifting our way, not so great but not so strong that it was unpleasant.

I started my socks over for the third time, on the third pair of needles. I am using a 1 now and I think I am finally pulling the ends tight enough to not leave a big hole. The socks I am making are toe up socks on circular needles, making both socks at once. I came home and worked on them until I couldn't see straight. I really want to work on them this morning but maybe I should get busy on my customer quilts!! Marlene's string quilt is ready to quilt too, just need to squeeze it in between customers. Guess I'd better get busy.

Carol

2 comments:

Mimi said...

Would love to see your progress on your socks. Mine are stuck at the heels and I am waiting to find the time to go to the quilt shop to get some help.

Mimi said...

oh heck...I must have quilts on the brain today...I meant yarn shop. :D