Saturday, March 14, 2009

Yet Another Project

Well I have been wishing that there was a yarn shop close by. Turns out there is. Just a few minutes from my house. It's called the Salty Sheep Yarn Shop. I visited it this morning, signed up for a sock class and was invited to the Friday night knit-in. The knitters get together every week, knit and drink wine. Sounds like a perfect evening to me.

Guess I will have some bright socks. There were so many beautiful yarns to pick from, it was a hard choice. The quilting guild raffle quilt is finished. Can't post a picture of that one. It is a new pattern that hasn't been released yet. I'm sure that will be happening soon so the ladies can begin selling tickets. I'm taking the day off from quilting to do a little cleaning.

I will do a little sewing this evening. I have received more blocks to make Marlene's HS quilts.

Carol

2 comments:

Mimi said...

Oh wow! That yarn is beautiful. I'll bet you have your socks done before me. I need to get to the yarn shop to get some help turning the heel and then it won't take me long to get them done. Can't wait to see your socks...AND, your raffle quilt. Have fun knitting.

Julie said...

Lucky you! I'll bet you will become one of their best customers. LOL. Sounds like a knit in would be fun.