Thursday, September 18, 2008

Always Something

Thankfully it has cooled off in the evenings and I am making progress on the grass. As always progress in one area leads to other things needing attention. Opened the gate to the back yard tonight and that darn board on the gate that has been dragging on the ground finally pulled all the way off. After nailing it back on, which wasn't an easy task, I discovered I had nailed it on upside down. So - off it came. I finally got it on but the board is warped so there is an opening at the bottom. I think I will have to check into a new gate and someone to put it up. My son in law put up the fence and gates for me when I moved here but he is so busy now that I just can't ask him to take the time to fix it.

On the sewing front I have made the additional diamonds I needed for the neutral quilt and another Heartstrings block. I also put together one row of this months elimination project from a quilt group I belong to. I finished 2 customer quilts and have another one loaded and ready. My last customer had a beautiful pink and brown string quilt. I'll post a picture next time. It sent me on a search for fabrics but I could only find a few of the collection. I guess that's a good thing. I really don't need anymore fabric.

The dogs are telling me to get off the computer and get them some water. It's such hard work for them to watch me push the lawn mower.

Carol

1 comment:

Julie said...

Why can't "they" invent grass that just grows about 2 inches and stops? Or is there something like that already? My grass seems to grow 3-4 inches overnight when it is rainy.