Sunday, September 14, 2008

Measure Twice, Cut Once

A few Heartstrings blocks finally done, slowly but surely. When I went back to my quilt room to cut the Designer BOM's I wanted to do tonight there were a few pieces of fabrics left over from previous projects. I cut those into strips, that took awhile but made a big difference in the cluttered cutting table. I finally started cutting the BOM's. Got the 3rd block all finished.
Unfortunately I was too hasty in cutting the 4th block. This is as far as I could go until more fabric arrives. I cut my piece 2 1/2 inches instead of 3 1/2 inches. That's the bad thing about BOM's, you really don't have any extra fabric for mistakes.
No sewing on the neutral quilt tonight. Don't know if I will get to it tomorrow or not. I have a trip to the library and to the fresh vegetable stand planned for morning and then I will be off to watch Kendall for the afternoon and evening. Maybe I will get a little applique done while she naps.

Carol

1 comment:

Mary Johnson said...

The HeartStrings blocks look great! I love clearing off my cutting table too - I really should do it more often!