Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Traveling Children

Neal, Monika and Dylan are on their way to the Czech Republic. They left this morning for a 3 week visit. They will be visiting Monika's Mother and some other family members. I'm sure Dylan's Grandmother is anxious to meet Dylan (and Neal too). I hope they have a safe and enjoyable trip. Neal said it will take them about 20 hours to get to their destination. Such a long trip with a baby!! This picture was taken when they visited this past summer. My Son in law, Brandon, is off for two weeks to Virginia for training. He has nine more years to go for retirement from the Marines. I think he is getting a little weary of the long hours and time away from home.

I am getting into so much trouble visiting blogs. I ordered some wool and knitting needles to make a felted purse that I saw on Thimbleanna's blog. I used to knit a lot but now just once in awhile. I'm really getting the urge to try some socks too but they look hard. I'm a pretty basic knitter.

I will be joining along in the block party for Heartstrings this weekend. I am still working on the neutral quilt, wondering if I will ever get done. I thought I would have it quilted by now. What have I been doing?, or yeah the yard. I need to get more of the yard planted in shrubs and flowers so I will have less grass to cut!

It is a wonderful cool day today. Hopefully Kendall and I will be able to take a walk around her neighborhood today.

Carol


3 comments:

Mar said...

Wishing Neal and his family a safe trip. Such a long way! ((hugs))

Julie said...

Wow, a 20 hour trip. I hope they have a great experience.

Mary Johnson said...

We're heading for Copenhagen in a couple weeks but luckily aren't traveling with a little one - that will be a long, long trip!

Glad you're joining the Block Party!