Monday, September 1, 2008

Labor Day Weekend

This is the view of the ocean yesterday. I took this at my half way point during my bike ride. I got a late start yesterday. It was very hot and humid. I was surprised that the beach was not crowded but by the time I got back to my car the parking lot was full with many more beach goers. I haven't accomplished nearly what I had planned for this weekend. After I got home from my bike ride I mowed the back yard. It took me twice as long as usual because of the heat and the fact that the grass was pretty tall and thick. I didn't take care of it last week. So after getting the back yard done I was pretty much done for the day.

I also have been taking care of Sherry's dogs this week while she is visiting family in Indiana. I think I have made about 30 trips to her house to care for her dogs. Good thing she lives just a couple miles away. Lucy and Derby are great dogs. I know they will be glad when their family gets home. I think Lucy is really missing little Kendall. They are great friends.


I did manage to get the binding on this quilt while sitting with the dogs in the evenings. I just have one spot to finish, the backing got folded over when I sewed on the binding. I should be able to manage getting that done today. This is my flannel Thimbelberries quilt that I made many years ago, before I had a quilting machine, so I sent this one out to be quilted. I never put the binding on because, as I discovered when I started to finish it (I had forgotten) the backing was short. It was short on three corners. I can understand 2 corners but the third one kind of puzzles me. Anyway, I was able to add on to it and even had the fabric to match the border for the binding. Glad this one is done.




Carol

3 comments:

Mar said...

very pretty, looks so comfy! you are really getting things done!

Ruthie said...

That beach sure looks nice! Pretty quilt also.

Julie said...

That is a beautiful quilt! I am sitting here procrastinating about machine quilting my OC.